There are two ways to install Simple Reader theme on your WordPress:
1. Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Menu and open Appearance → Themes section
- Switch to Install Themes tab
- Select Upload
- Browse for .zip file on your computer and install it then activate theme
2. Installing via FTP
- Open your FTP Client Application (example: FileZilla)
- Fill the login details (host, username, and password), then press Quickconnect
- Go to ‘wp-content’ folder
- Go to ‘themes’ folder
- Extract the allegro.zip file into your local drive then search the current location and upload the allegro folder
Got an error during installation process? Try the following:
- If you are upgrading the Allegro theme via WordPress Admin menu, open your ‘allegro.zip’ and rename the ‘allegro‘ folder before uploading. Eg: allegro2. Then press Enter.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress
- Make sure your hosting is running the latest version of PHP and MySQL
- Try to upload manually via FTP (FileZilla)
- Be sure you have at least PHP 4.3 with GD-library installed on your server. PHP 5 is better. GD library is something that can be installed by your web server admin. If you do not have this you can ask for that to your web administrator and also at least WordPress 3.2.1 engine is installed
Before you can start creating some content, these are the first-time settings that you have to do:
- Go to Dashboard → Allegro → Theme Options → Front Page Settings
- Please select any category you want to display at Featured Section
- Go to Dashboard → Allegro → Theme Options
- You can fill the address of your social page. But if you don’t have any of them you can left them blank (delete the default text).You can also enable or disable social share button which is displayed below post meta
- Also if you want to add social share on your page(s) or post(s) you can enable or disable available social button
- Go to Dashboard → Allegro → Theme Options → Footer Settings
- You can disable or enable footer credit by check the option ‘activate to add custom credit on footer area’. At text box available you can insert HTML tag like href or anything you want, and it will be displayed at the bottom right of your page
Top Ad Management
- Go to Dashboard → Allegro → Theme Options → Top Ad Management
- You can disable or enable top ad space by check the option ‘enable the ad space’.The size of top ad space is 468x60px, so make sure if you set the AdSense code to the right size
- You can also add an image rather than AdSense if you don’t have. The size of the image must be 468x60px and after uploading the image make sure if you change the destination url for that image
Allegro have special theme for you to use, and for some of them you don’t have to fill the content. Here is the way to use them and how they look like:
- Go to Dashboard → Pages → Add New.
Create a page name that fit to you. (Like if you want to create a page with contact template, the page can be named contact us)
- Select which template you want to use then left the body (content) blank
All of Allegro page templates don’t need content, so you don’t have to fill them and the system will automatically take the content.
Gallery All Category
There are two types of gallery template available to use. The first one is gallery all category, this template will show the page navi to navigate the pages. But there is no speccification about image category, and the images is ordered by date of modified.
Gallery By Category
This is the second gallery template which is separated by category so you can navigate the image by select the category at the top of page.
Create a Post
Allegro also give some feature on creating a post. Here is the way to set your post become beautifull
- After finish type the content of your post you can choose to select what media you want to display. There are two type of them: image(s) and video(s)
- For the video you can add it from Vimeo or Youtube by copy the embed code. If you want to display Youtube video, go to your choosen video, click ‘share’ then click ‘embed’. Copy the code appear to the text box available
Error Uploading Image(s)
When you’re trying to upload an image using WordPress engine version 3.3 and the screen become gray like this one then nothing happen, don’t be panic. To cleared this problem you can just clear your cache via browser option.
Allegro Support WordPress version 3.3
If you’re using WordPress version 3.3 and when you click Theme Option and see an error page like this one, don’t be panic. To clear this problem you can just update the framework.
By updating the framework your Allegro can be use perfectly at WordPress version 3.3. And don’t worry if the number of version stay still, if yellow ribbon shows that means your update is successful.