Installing Leatherly Theme
There are two ways to install Leatherly theme on your WordPress:
1. Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Menu and open Appearance → Themes section
- Switch to Install Themes tab
- Select Upload
- Browse for .zip file on your computer and install it
- Activate theme
2. Installing via FTP
- Open your FTP Client Application (example : FileZilla)
- Fill the login details (host, username, and password) then press Quickconnect
- Go to ‘wp-content’ folder
- Go to ‘themes’ folder
- Extract the leatherly.zip file into your local drive and search the current location and upload the Leatherly folder
Got an error during installation process? Try the following:
- If you are upgrading the Leatherly theme via WordPress Admin menu open your ‘leatherly.zip’ and rename the ‘leatherly’ folder before uploading. Eg: leatherly2. Then press Enter
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress
- Make sure your hosting is running the latest version of PHP and MySQL
Try to upload manually via FTP (FileZilla)
Leatherly is a blog-free WordPress theme designed for personal blog and journal.
Leatherly uses a new version of our theme panel. This new panel will provides you more impressive experience to explore our themes.
There are 4 sub menus inside of it. They are:
Dashboard panel contains a lot of settings to customize Leatherly theme. Within this panel you can configure the theme customize its layout. Just drag and drop the option from the left column into the right column to show all sub-options inside of it.
- SEO Settings
This feature will help you who just new to WordPress. With this feature you don’t have to think about SEO, we already prepared all of your needs here, but still it is just a basic SEO function.
For you who have already known or maybe expert on WordPress you can go download many SEO plugin available at WordPress.org
- Customizer Importer
This feature talking about WordPress v 3.4.1 new feature, Customizer. But this is not a customizer but a function that will help you to import/export what you have customize on customizer.
This feature provide you an information if there is a framework or theme update available. You can update your framework and theme automatically, but be careful because if your site already modified a lot with theme update function, all of your work will be gone. So please make a theme files back-up first before updating your theme.
Note: If you already update your framework but your framework version still not updated and yellow notification has already appeared, it means if your framework already updated. To refresh the framework version information you can click on ‘updates’ tab and your framework version will be refreshed.
For theme update, make sure that your wp-content folder is not protected and also cURL is enabled at your hosting provider.
Leatherly also support displaying custom background, to set it follow this instructions:
- Custom Image: You can upload your own image, any image you upload will be displayed how it will be look like at the preview box
- Custom Color: If you don’t have any image, you can also use color as your background
Leatherly also have custom css feature, with this feature you can freely edit the theme styling without worrying it will be lost if there is an update for the theme.
To use it you can go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Custom CSS
If you manage more than one sites then the other site is using the same theme, you can export/import the theme settings.
To use it you can go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Import/Export Settings
Leatherly also have post type portfolio. The slider at front page will only displaying portfolio, not a post. Creating portfolio is the same as creating a normal post so it will be easy for you to create it. Also there are several things you should know before create a portfolio:
- Featured: To display your portfolio thumbnail to front page, you can check this option
- Image: Inserting image to portfolio can be done by featured image
At the top of Leatherly theme, there is a sticky post section. To made your post(s) become sticky, after create a post(s) go to WordPress dashboard → Posts → All posts → Hover your cursor to any post → Quick Edit
Check on Make this post sticky.
At Leatherly front page there is user profile section, that section displayed your name, date of birth, nationality, address and also your skills. To add it, go to WordPress dashboard → Users → Your profile
There are many options available to customize the theme: social networking, thumbnail images, and also contact settings.
- Settings: To modify this options you can go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Dashboard → General Settings
- Blog Title/Logo: You can choose to display a logo or your site name by setting this option
- Favicon: You can upload favicon with this feature. If you don’t have one, you can generate it from here
- Logo: If at point #2 you choose to display a logo then you can upload your own logo with resolution of 219 x 48px (recommended)
- Disable Responsive: There maybe some of you who want to get the same display at PC and also gadget (smart phone, tab). With this feature you can disable mobile view
- Settings: To modify this option you can go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Dashboard → Front Page Settings
- User: You can choose which user will be displayed at user profile section
- Post Order: You can manage the order of sticky post section at front page (order start from 1 to 5)
- Portfolio Order: You can manage the order of portfolio thumbnails section at front page (order start from 1 to 5)
- Social Order: You can manage the order of social buttons section at front page (order start from 1 to 5)
- Author Order: You can manage the order of author information section at front page (order start from 1 to 5)
- Contact Order: You can manage the order of contact section at front page (order start from 1 to 5)
- Settings: To set this options go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Dashboard → Social Networking
- Social URL: You can display your favorite social networking icon at sidebar by filling your URL here
- Social Share Buttons: You can choose which social share buttons you want to add at the end of your post
Analytics ID, RSS Feed
- Settings: To set this options go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Dashboard → Analytics ID, RSS feed
- PressTrends Tracking: This feature will tell us how you are using our themes, none of your personal information will be sent. This feature will help us to improve the theme on the next update. So it is your choice to use it or not
- GoSquared: You can use GoSquared analytics feature by inserting your token here
- Google Analytics: You can also use Google Analytics by inserting your code here
- FeedBurner: Leatherly support subscribe function by FeedBurner. If you want to have a subscribers then you will need to register to FeedBurner and insert your informations there
- Settings: To set this options you can go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Dashboard → Footer Settings
- Enable/Disable Credit: You can have your own credit by activating this option, when you activate it a text box will appear. At this text box you can type your credit, even using HTML tag on it. If you disable this option, our default credit will appear
- Settings: To set this option you can go to WordPress dashboard → Leatherly → Dashboard → Contact Form
- E-mail Address: Leatherly support to displaying a contact form so the visitors can get in touch to you. If you use the contact form then you will need to type your e-mail address here
- What you need: You can type your option(s) which will be displayed at contact section. You can type your option(s) separated by coma
- Budget: You can type your option(s) which will be displayed at contact section. You can type your option(s) separated by coma
This feature added for them who just new to WordPress, this feature is just a simple SEO settings. For the expert or the one who know WordPress well, usually they will search for another SEO plugins which are more powerful.
Go to Leatherly → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Page Title. In this section, there are options to set how the title of every page in your website will be displayed. They are:
- Blog Title: Specify a text you want to display as a blog title
- Blog Description: Specify a sentence you want to display as a blog description
- Separator: Specify a character you would like to use as a separator in page title
- Custom Page Titles: Enable or disable this feature on your website. If you enable this option, there are additional options available. They are:
- Homepage Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on your homepage
- Single Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the single title layout
- Page Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the page title layout
- Archive Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the archive title layout
- Page Number: You can specify a text that precedes page number in page titles
- Page Number Position: You can define the position you want to display the page number on your website
Go to Leatherly → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Description Meta.
In this section, there are options to set meta description of your website. They are:
- Homepage Description: There are 3 options available to choose. Each option describes the source where the home page meta description is populated
- Custom Homepage Description: Specify a decription of your homepage
- Single Page/Post Description: There are 3 options available you can choose the source where the single page/post meta description is populated
- Global Post/Page Description: Enable or disable custom meta description on your posts and pages
Go to Leatherly → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Keyword Meta.
In this section, there are options to set keyword meta of your website. They are:
- Homepage Keywords: There are 2 options available to choose. Each option describes the source where the homepage meta keywords is populated
- Custom Homepage Keywords: Specify a custom homepage keywords of your website. Separate each keyword using comma
- Single Page/Post Keywords: There are 3 options available you can choose the source where the single page/post meta keywords is populated
- Global Post/Page Keywords: Enable or disable custom meta keywords on your posts and pages
Go to Leatherly → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Indexing options. Options available:
- Archive Pages to Index: Select which archive page to be indexed
- Add Follow Meta to Posts and Pages: Enable or disable a feature to add follow meta in all of your posts and pages
Go to Leatherly → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Advanced options. There is option available to enable or disable 3rd party plugin data and also there is an option to hide ColorLabs SEO Settings box from the post and page editing screens.