Installing Momentum Theme
There are two ways to install Momentum theme on your WordPress:
1. Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Menu and open Appearance → Themes section
- Switch to Install Themes tab
- Select Upload
- Browse for .zip file on your computer and install it
- Activate theme
2. Installing via FTP
- Open your FTP Client Application (example : FileZilla)
- Fill the login details (host, username, and password) then press Quickconnect
- Go to ‘wp-content’ folder
- Go to ‘themes’ folder
- Extract the Momentum.zip file into your local drive and search the current location and upload the Momentum folder
Got an error during installation process? Try the following:
- If you are upgrading the Momentum theme via WordPress Admin menu open your ‘momentum.zip’ and rename the ‘momentum’ folder before uploading. Eg: momentum2. Then press Enter
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress
- Make sure your hosting is running the latest version of PHP and MySQL
Try to upload manually via FTP (FileZilla)
Momentum is a magazine WordPress theme designed for personal blog and journal.
Momentum uses a new version of our theme panel. This new panel will provide you more impressive experience to explore our themes.
There are 4 sub menus inside of it:
Dashboard panel contains a lot of settings to customize Momentum theme. Within this panel, you can configure the theme customize its layout and optimize your website’s SEO. Just drag and drop the option from the left column into the right column to show all sub-options inside of it.
- Update Framework
You will be informed the version of the theme panel framework you are currently used. Also you can update your framework to the latest version within this panel.
- Theme Info
Contains a general information about Momentum such as product version, framework version, license type and links to product support.
- Import Export Settings
Provides a feature for you to import or export your theme settings into a text file.
Momentum provides 5 page templates available:
Advanced Search Template
There are many available options to customize the theme such as: social networking, thumbnail images, and contact settings.
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → General Settings.
- Theme Stylesheet: Choose a color scheme which will be used on your website
- Use for Blog Title/Logo: There are 2 available options.’Logo’ and ‘Title’. Choose which option you prefer to set where your website header gets the source. The option ‘Title’ means that your website title will be used as the website header logo
- Custom Favicon: Set your website’s favicon. Upload a 16x16px .ico image. Click here to generate your favicon
- Header Custom logo: Upload an image or enter an external image URL to set your website’s logo
- Main Layout: There are 2 layout available options to use as your main website layout. Sidebar at left and Sidebar at right
- Enable Presstrends Tracking: This feature will allow us to see how you are using our themes. None of your personal data will be sent to us
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Frontpage Settings. Provides settings to specify a category which its post will be displayed in the headline section.
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Social Networking. Specify your social networking accounts that you are going to integrate to your website. There are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Vimeo, Google+, Delicious, StumbleUpon and Dribble account available. Also you can enable/disable the Social Share Button you would like to display on the single post and pages. There are Facebook Like Button, Twitter Share Button and Google +1 Button available.
Open Graph Setting
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Open Graph Settings. This contain settings to configure Open Graph feature on your website. You can enable/disable this feature also there are options to specify the site name, open graph admin info and an image url to be set as open graph image.
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Thumbnail Settings. Provide settings to configure how the theme will generate the thumbnail images and its size. They are:
- WordPress Featured Image: Enable this feature if you prefer to generate thumbnail images on your website. If you enable this, there are two additional options:
- Dynamic Resize: If this options is enabled, the thumbnail in each post will be resized dynamically by using WordPress native function
- Hard Crop: The original image will be cropped to match the target aspect ratio
- Timthumb Image Resizer: If you enable this feature, the script will dynamically re-size images added through post custom field
- Automatic Thumbnail: Enable this feature to allow the theme generates post thumbnail automatically from the first image in post
- Thumbnail Images in RSS Feed: Enable this feature to allow the theme generates post thumbnail in RSS feed article
- Thumbnail Image Dimennsions: You can specify the thumbnail image size that you are going to use on your website
Analytics ID, RSS Feed
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Analytics ID, RSS Feed. In this section, you can:
- Put your google analytics code in your website
- Put your GoSquared token
- Specify your feedburner URL
- Specify the feedburner comments URL
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Footer Settings. In this section, you can specify a text to be displayed as a custom credit in the footer section.
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Contact to specify your email address which will be used in the contact form.
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → Theme Options → Custom Style. This provides settings to cstomize the style of your website. They are:
- Text Color
- Link Text Color
- Circle Date Color
- Border Widget Color
- Button Color
- Border Color
- Menu Text Color
- Menu Hover Color
- SubMenu Text Color
- SubMenu Hover Color
- Background SubMenu Hover Color
This panel provides settings to maximize your website with Search Engine Optimization.
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Page Title. In this section, there are options to set how the title of every page at your website will be displayed.
- Blog Title: Specify a text you want to display as a blog title
- Blog Description: Specify a sentence you want to display as a blog description
- Separator: Specify a character you would like to use as a separator on page title
- Custom Page Titles: Enable or disable this feature on your website. If you enable this option, there are additional options available. They are:
- Homepage Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on your homepage
- Single Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the single title layout
- Page Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the page title layout
- Archive Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the archive title layout
- Page Number: You can specify a text that precedes page number on page titles
- Page Number Position: You can define the position you want to display the page number at your website
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Description Meta. In this section, there are options to set meta description of your website. They are:
- Homepage Description: There are 3 Available option to choose. Each option describes the source where the home page meta description is populated
- Custom Homepage Description: Specify a decription of your homepage
- Single Page/Post Description: There are 3 Available option you can choose the source where the single page/post meta description is populated
- Global Post/Page Description: Enable or disable custom meta description on your posts and pages
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Keyword Meta. In this section, there are options to set keyword meta of your website. They are:
- Homepage Keywords: There are 2 Available option to choose. Each option describes the source where the homepage meta keywords is populated
- Custom Homepage Keywords: Specify a custom homepage keywords of your website. Separate each keyword using comma
- Single Page/Post Keywords: There are 3 Available option that you can choose the source where the single page/post meta keywords is populated
- Global Post/Page Keywords: Enable or disable custom meta keywords on your posts and pages
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Indexing options. There are options available:
- Archive Pages to Index: Select which archive page to be indexed
- Add Follow Meta to Posts and Pages: Enable or disable a feature to add follow meta in all of your posts and pages
Go to Momentum → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Advanced options. There is available option to enable or disable 3rd party plugin data and also there is an option to hide ColorLabs SEO Settings box from the post and page editing screens.