Installing Photogram Theme
There are two ways to install Photograph theme on your WordPress:
1. Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Menu and open Appearance → Themes section
- Switch to Install Themes tab
- Select Upload
- Browse for .zip file on your computer and install it
- Activate theme
2. Installing via FTP
- Open your FTP Client Application (example : FileZilla)
- Fill the login details (host, username, and password) then press Quickconnect
- Go to ‘wp-content’ folder
- Go to ‘themes’ folder
- Extract the photogram.zip file into your local drive and search the current location and upload the Photogram folder
Got an error during installation process? Try the following:
- If you are upgrading the Photogram theme via WordPress Admin menu open your ‘photogram.zip’ and rename the ‘photogram’ folder before uploading. Eg: photogram2. Then press Enter
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress
- Make sure your hosting is running the latest version of PHP and MySQL
Try to upload manually via FTP (FileZilla)
Photogram use a new version of our theme panel. This new panel will provides you more impressive experience to explore our themes. There are 4 sub menus inside of it. They are:
Dashboard panel contains a lot of settings to customize Photogram theme. Within this panel you can configure the theme customize it’s layout. Just drag and drop the option from the left column into the right column to show all sub-options inside of it.
- SEO Settings
This feature will help you who just new to WordPress. With this feature you don’t have to think about SEO, we already prepared all of your needs here, but still it is just a basic SEO function.
For you who already know or maybe expert on WordPress you can go download many SEO plugin available at WordPress.org
- Customizer Importer
This feature talking about WordPress v 3.4.2 new feature, Customizer. But this is not a customizer but a function that will help you to import/export what you have customize on customizer.
This feature provide you an information if there is a framework update or theme update. You can automatically update your framework and theme, but be careful because if your site already modified a lot with theme update function all of your work will be gone. So please made a back-up first before updating your theme.
Note: If you already update your framework but your framework version still not updated and yellow notification already appear, its means if your framework already updated. To refresh the framework version information you can click on ‘updates’ tab and your framework version will be refreshed.
For theme update, make sure if your wp-content folder is not protected and also cURL is enabled at your hosting provider.
Photogram have several page templates which you can use to improve your blogging experience. To create it, you can follow instructions below:
- Page Template: There are several templates you can use. They are Blog, Contact Form, Gallery and Sitemap. To use this page template you can simply type the title and choose what template you want to use then publish it
- Shortcodes: Photogram also have shortcodes feature, to use this feature you can click on Lemuel’s head icon. By this shortcode you can generate a buttons, form and many more
- Custom SEO: By this option you can choose to activate SEO Follow (make search engine to follow any links typed at this page) and SEO No Index (prevent search engine to indexing this page)
Contact Form Template
Gallery Page Template
Note: After choose ‘gallery page template’ you can also choose the source of the images. You can choose: images from posts, images from ‘photograph post type’, Instagram or from Pinterest.
Sitemap Page Template
Add Photogram Post Type
Photograph have a custom post type named photograph. Bassically it was the same as normal post, but at this post type you can only add a featured image without any post content. To create it, follow this instructions:
Go to WordPress dashboard → Photographs → Add New
- Categories: Same as normal post type, at photographs post type you can also add a category(ies) to your post
- Featured Image: To add an image at photographs post type you can upload it from featured image
- Slug: You can have your own slug here. By default slug will be generated from post title, slug will be displayed at browser’s address bar, so it means that you can have a custom link.
You can use a shortcodes at post or page by click on Lemuel head. This shortcodes will help you to create several objects like buttons, icon link, info box, custom typography, etc.
There are many options available to customize the theme:
- Settings: Go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → General Settings
- Blog Title/Logo: By this option you can choose to displaying a logo or a title generated from blog title (go to WordPress dashboard → Settings → General)
- Favicon: By this option you can have your own favicon. If you don’t have it, you can generate your own favicon from here
- Custom Logo: If at option #2 you choose to use a logo instead of blog title, by this option you can upload your logo. The best dimension of logo you can upload is 219 x 48 px (width x height)
- Show Archive Content: By default, post(s) that displayed at archive page will have an excerpt. By this option you can displaying the full content of your post(s) rather than an excerpt
- Disable Responsive: Photogram also have responsive feature which will displaying a different look between PC and smart gadget (smart phone and tablet). This responsive design will have a smaller size for quick load at smart gadget but the looks is different. By this option you can deactivate the responsive design, so your smart gadget will load the same display as PC
- Settings: To modify this option go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → Front Page Settings
- Front Page Title: By this option you can have a custom title at ‘front page main area’
- Main Content Area: At front page, below the slider you have an area named ‘main content area’. At this area you can display an images from several source. By this option you can choose from which source you want to use. There are: photographs post type, Instagram or Pinterest
- Settings: To modify this option go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → Instagram Settings
- Instagram Type: You can choose the source of Instagram pictures. You can choose it from popular pictures, feed pictures or your own pictures
- Count Instagram: You can set how many Instagram pictures should be displayed at ‘front page main area’
- Random Instagram: You can choose to display a random order of Instagram pictures
- Instagram Tag: You can put a tags of Instagram here, but this is optional
- Instagram Address/Coordinates: You can put a specific address/coordinates of Instagram pictures, but this is optional
- Settings: To modify this option go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → Pinstagram Settings
- Pinterest Username: To make Pinterest integration works, you will need to put your Pinterest username here
- Count Pinterest: You can set how many Pinterest pictures should be displayed at ‘front page main area’
- Pinterest Specific Board: You can put Pinterest Specific Board here, but this is optional
- Settings: To modify this option go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → Social Networking
- Social url: At front page you can have social icons displayed. To choose which icon(s) should be displayed, you can put your social url at this option. Left it blank to hide social icon(s)
- Share Buttons: At single post, you can have a social share buttons displayed below the post. By this option you can choose which share buttons should be displayed. You can choose: Facebook like button, Twitter share button, Google +1 button, Pinterest and Linked In button
- Settings: To modify this option go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → Thumbnail Settings
- WordPress Featured Image: By this option you can enable featured image as the source of post thumbnail. Since Photogram have ‘photographs post type’, make sure if this option is enable
- Automatic Thumbnail: By this option, the systems will check for content image if there is no featured image to be post thumbnail
Analytics ID, RSS Feed
- Settings: To modify this option go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → Analytics ID, RSS feed
- Press Trends Tracking: This feature will help us to report if there is a bug detected at theme you are using, and also this feature will tell us how does our client use the theme. There will be not any of your personal information sent to us. This option is optional, but we recomend to enable this option
- GoSquared: Photogram have several Analytics feature, the first one is GoSquared. To use this feature, you can put your GoSquared token here
- Google Analytics: The second analytics feature is Google Analytics. To use this feature you can put your Google Analytics code at this option
- FeedBurner: If you want to have a subscribers, then you will need to put your FeedBurner information here
- Settings: To modify this option go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Dashboard → Contact Form
- Destination E-mail Address: Photogram have ‘contact form page template’, by this option you can put an e-mail address as the destination for every message sent from contact form page template
This feature added for them who just new to WordPress, this feature just a simple SEO settings. For the expert or the one who know WordPress well usually they will search for another SEO plugins which more powerful.
- Settings: Go to Photogram → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Page Title. In this section, there are options to set how the title of every page in your website will be displayed
- Blog Title: Specify a text you want to display as a blog title
- Blog Description: Specify a sentence you want to display as a blog description
- Separator: Specify a character you would like to use as a separator in page title
- Custom Page Titles: Enable or disable this feature on your website. If you enable this option, there are additional options available. They are:
- Homepage Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on your homepage
- Single Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the single title layout
- Page Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the page title layout
- Archive Title Layout: You can define the order of the elements on the archive title layout
- Page Number: You can specify a text that precedes page number in page titles
- Page Number Position: You can define the position you want to display the page number on your website
Go to Photogram → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Description Meta.
In this section, there are options to set meta description of your website. They are:
- Homepage Description: There are 3 options available to choose. Each option describes the source where the home page meta description is populated
- Custom Homepage Description: Specify a decription of your homepage
- Single Page/Post Description: There are 3 options available you can choose the source where the single page/post meta description is populated
- Global Post/Page Description: Enable or disable custom meta description on your posts and pages
Go to Photogram → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Keyword Meta.
In this section, there are options to set keyword meta of your website. They are:
- Homepage Keywords: There are 2 options available to choose. Each option describes the source where the homepage meta keywords is populated
- Custom Homepage Keywords: Specify a custom homepage keywords of your website. Separate each keyword using comma
- Single Page/Post Keywords: There are 3 options available you can choose the source where the single page/post meta keywords is populated
- Global Post/Page Keywords: Enable or disable custom meta keywords on your posts and pages
Go to Photogram → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Indexing options. Options available:
- Archive Pages to Index: Select which archive page to be indexed
- Add Follow Meta to Posts and Pages: Enable or disable a feature to add follow meta in all of your posts and pages
Go to Photogram → Dashboard → SEO Settings → Advanced options. There is option available to enable or disable 3rd party plugin data and also there is an option to hide ColorLabs SEO Settings box from the post and page editing screens.
At front page, Photogram have a slider. The source of the slider is a sticky post, to make it you can go to WordPress dashboard → Posts → All post.
Choose which post you want to make as ‘sticky’ then click it, after that you will see an options like image above. Check ‘make this post sticky’ option.
Instagram Account Settings
Before you can display any pictures from Instagram, you will need to confirm your Instagram username and password first. To set it you can go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Instagram Settings.
Instagram Account Settings: At this option you will need to put your account information (username and password) in order to use Instagram integration
Instagram General Settings: This option is general Instagram Setttings like ‘cache refresh settings’ and ‘fancy box effect’
Photogram also have Custom CSS feature. This feature will help you to modify the theme design, with this feature you will not lose your work if there is a theme update available. To backup custom css file, you can go to (FTP) wp-content → themes → photogram → custom.
Front Page Main Area Count
You can set how many pictures will displayed per refresh at ‘front page main display’ by going to WordPress dashboard → Settings → Reading. You can set it at ‘blog pages show at most’ option, but this option also affected ‘blog page template’.
Photogram support one sidebar. Sidebar can be used to displaying a widgets, to add a widget(s) you can go to WordPress dashboard → Appearance → Widgets.
To operate it, you can drag and drop widget option to sidebar section.
Photogram also have import/export settings feature. This feature will help you who manage several sites which use the same theme. You can choose to export all settings, theme options only or SEO settings only. The output and input file is a .json file.
At Photogram zip folder we also including json file also xml file. With this two files you can have the same content and settings as our demo page. To access this settings you can go to WordPress dashboard → Photogram → Import/Export Settings. And to acces WordPress import/export content you will have to install a plugin named ‘WordPress importer‘ first.
Photogram support to displaying menu navigation at header. To add menu navigation you can go to WordPress dashboard → Appearance → Menus.
- Menu Group: Before adding menu item(s) you will need to create a menu group first. If you never add it before, you can click on ‘+’ button to create it
- Menu Items: After creating menu group, the next step is adding menu items. You can add page, post category, post tags, product category, product tags, product brands and custom links. To add it, you can tick any items you want to ad then click on ‘add to menu’ button. After adding it, you can control which is the main menu and which is the child/sub menu by drag it to right/left. You can also drag it to top and bottom to configure the position (menu navigation start from left to right). Only header menu navigation which support child/sub menu. If you didn’t see menu item sources like we tell before, click on ‘screen options’ button at the very top-right of your browser then check what source(s) you want to add.
- Menu Source: After finish creating step#1 and #2, you can choose which group you want to display