There are two ways to install Platformate theme on your WordPress:
1. Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Menu and open Appearance → Themes section
- Switch to Install Themes tab
- Select Upload
- Browse for .zip file on your computer and install it
- Activate theme
2. Installing via FTP
- Open your FTP Client Application (example : FileZilla)
- Fill the login details (host, username, and password) then press Quickconnect
- Go to ‘wp-content’ folder
- Go to ‘themes’ folder
- Extract the platformate.zip file into your local drive then search the current location and upload the platformate folder
Got an error during installation process? Try the following:
- If you are upgrading the Platformate theme via WordPress Admin menu open your ‘Platformate.zip’ and rename the ‘Platformate‘ folder before uploading. Eg: platformate2. Then press Enter
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress
- Make sure your hosting is running the latest version of PHP and MySQL
- Try to upload manually via FTP (FileZilla)
- Be sure you have at least PHP 4.3 with GD-library installed on your server. PHP 5 is better. GD library is something that can be installed by your web server admin. If you do not have this, please ask for that to your web administrator, and also at least WordPress 3.2 engine is installed
Before you can fully use the powerful features of Platformate theme you need to install several default plugins. Here are the instructions to set it up:
- Download and install WP-Popularity Contest from your member area or download from WordPress. After you finish downloading, open your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins → Add new, click Upload, Browse your plugin, Install and Activate
- Download and install WP-Page Navi from your member area or download from WordPress. After you finish downloading, open your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins → Add new, click Upload, Browse your plugin, Install and Activate
- Download and install WP-FlickrAPI from your member area or download from WordPress. After you finish downloading, open your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins → Add new, click Upload, Browse your plugin, Install and Activate
- Download and install WP-Twitter Button from your member area or download from WordPress. After you finish downloading, open your WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins → Add new, click Upload, Browse your plugin, Install and Activate
Before you can start creating some content, these are the first-time settings that you have to do:
- Go to Dashboard >> Appereance >> Platformate options >> General
- By default Platformate only shows your blog name with a description, but you can also remove it and change it to an image logo. Because of there is no image logo with 260x60px in media library so the option just show ‘none’. Then you have to upload 260x60px image size (it is the best size for Platformate logo)
- You can also add favicon by uploading ICO file. By default Platformate already have the favicon. To generate ICO file, you can use this tool:Favicon Generator
- There are three options for thumbnail source you can configure: First Image (your first image post), Post Thumbnail (featured image), or Post Custom Field (external url)
- There is a special feature from Platformate, Category spoiler. Category spoiler is not a widget so you can re-posistion for it and it is located at right side (not sidebar) of your site. For category spoiler you can change what color is it, what category will displayed, and also how much posts spoiler per category.From general options only what category will displayed that you can set by hold shift button and left click and also the number of post spoiler
Category Color Assignment
This option will set the color of category spoiler
- Go to Dashboard → Appearance → Platformate options >> Category color assignment
- Set which category you want to set the color of it, then pick the background color by click on the first textbox below category name selector then a color pick box will appear, after pick the color click the small button on the bottom right of color pick box. And the last one is the category title color.
Platformate also have theme color that grouped by section, there are: Dark Tone, Light Tone, and Light Hover.
Just for the Light Hover it not just the pagination only which affected, but all the links in whole of you page will change (the color) if hovered.
Google Adsense and User Specified Ads
Platformate support up to 4 advertisement space for whole of your site they are: Top Left Sidebar Ad (230x150px), 2 Bottom Sidebar Ad (230x150px) and Single Page Ad (468x60px).
The only section from Platformate that you have to set from widget is About section. Go to Appereance >> Widget, Drag (hold left click and move your mouse) the Text widget to About Box widget space, fill the title and description of yours or anything.