Before you can use the powerful features of Sharpness theme completely, you need to install Backbone as its parent theme:
- Download and install Backbone theme from your member area. After you finish downloading open your WordPress dashboard → Appearance → Themes → Install, upload your backbone.zip or
- After downloading backbone.zip extract that file into your computer drive then open your FTP using 3rd party software like FileZilla then go to Public HTML → WP-content → themes. Upload your Backbone folder there
There are two ways to install Sharpness theme on your WordPress:
1. Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Menu and open Appearance → Themes section
- Switch to Install Themes tab
- Select Upload
- Browse for backbone.zip file on your computer and install it
- Browse for sharpness.zip file on your computer and install it
- Activate Sharpness theme
2. Installing via FTP
- Open your FTP Client Application (example : FileZilla)
- Fill the login details (host, username, and password) then press Quickconnect
- Go to ‘wp-content’ folder
- Go to ‘themes’ folder
- Extract backbone.zip and sharpness.zip files into your local drive and search the current location and upload backbone and sharpness folder
Got an error during installation process? Try the following:
- If you are upgrading the vidio theme via WordPress Admin menu open your ‘shrapness.zip’ and rename the ‘sharpness’ folder before uploading. Eg: sharpness2. Then press Enter
- Make sure if you have already got the lastest version of Backbone
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress
- Make sure your hosting is running the latest version of PHP and MySQL
Try to upload manually via FTP (FileZilla)
Before you can start creating some content these are the first settings that you have to do:
- Go to Sharpness dashboard → General Settings. (To operate our new theme panel, you can drag and drop the menu icon to the right blank space)
- Sharpness let you choose to display your blog logo or title (the best resolution for logo is 268 x 68px)
- If you choose to display your blog logo, you can upload it and check how it will be on your front page
- At front page you can choose to display pagination blog like (next and previous) or Page Navi plugin like (numbers)
- Presstrends tracking is our feature to know how our customer use our theme. We use this feature for the next upgrade of theme you use. Your privacy will be safe because nothing of your information will be leaked
- Go to Sharpness dashboard → Header Settings
- You can have your own slogan by ticking the option. At slogan text box, you may have HTML tag like <br> for break
- Besides slogan, you may also insert your own tagline but this tagline is not supported for HTML tag
- Social icon can be set to be displayed or not. If you want to display it on your front page you can set it to be displayed after or before the slider
- On front page you can set to display the slider or not. If you choose to not display it, the social icon position (before and after slider) cannot be set (default position, below the tagline)
- Below the slider you can have a description about you. To make it please create a normal page (without template) and type some words about yourself (this section only display the excerpt about 25 of length)
- And the last setting at header settings is page widget. You may have 3 page widgets at front page (below page description section). Make sure if the page you add on this section is default page (without template)
Front Page Settings
You can set your front page by following these instructions:
- Go to Sharpness dashboard → Front Page Settings
- After you create a portfolio category you can choose one of it to be displayed on front page
- You can also set how many portfolio post will be displayed on front page
- Below the page widget category you can add portfolio category(ies) short-cut by inserting the category(ies) id which is separated by comas (portfolio category id already displayed beside the textbox)
Sharpness can be integrated with some social networking. To set them you have to:
- Go to Sharpness dashboard → Social Networking.
Any social networking link you filled that social networking will active so if you don’t want some social networking appear at your site, don’t type anything at that link box
- You can also display auto share at your page(s) or post(s) by clicking (choose) any of available share buttons. To make it works, make sure if you have already filled the social link at point #2
- To set Sharpness subscribe settings please go to Sharpness dashboard → Subscribe Settings
- You can show RSS icon by inserting your Feedburner ID at point #2
- You can also add some words to make sure the visitors become your subscribers. This text box support for HTML tag like <br> for break
- Then you have to insert your FeedBurner ID to make it works
- Go to Sharpness dashboard → Footer Settings
- If you want to have your own text at footer, you can check ‘enable custom footer left/right’ then type your text in available box. In this box you can type any HTML code like © (copyright icon)
- Go to Sharpness dashboard → Single Ad
- You can choose these option enable or disable by clicking on it.
At this option you can also insert any AdSense code or image (the best resolution is 468 x 60px) with a destination link
Creating a Portfolio
- Creating a portfolio is the same as creating a post, so it will be not hard to create it. You can type the title and some words on as content and make sure if the image is at featured images not on portfolio content.
- After finish inserting image and type some words then you can insert some information about your picture at ColorLabs Portfolio Settings
- Then you can set if the visitors can add a comment or notAnd your portfolio will look like this one:
Creating a Page With Template
Sharpness have several page templates you can use. Please follow the instructions below:
Start with make a new page then have a look for right sidebar at ‘Page Attributes’. You can select Blog, Contact Page, Gallery, Portfolio and Sitemap.
All of them (exclude fullwidth) don’t need any body content so after type the title and select the template you can go on to publish the page.
Sharpness theme supports two slots WordPress Custom Menu. Here are the instructions to set it up:
- Navigate to Appearance → Menus section.
Click on “+” to create a new menu, press Save Menu button to register your newly created menu
- Add Pages, Categories or Custom Links to your menu.
- Assign your menu to Theme Locations
Import / Export Settings
At the new ColorLabs theme we added import / export feature for you who need to manage several sites but want all of it have the same settings. To make it please follow these instructions:
- If you take a look at sharpness.zip you will find dummy content folder which contains 2 files: json and xml file.
If your site want to be set like our demo, you can upload the json file at these option
- Or if you already have one site and want to make or manage the other to have the same settings as you did at your first site. You can download the export file (json file) and upload it to your another site then it will have the same settings
Our team also add read me file which you can access from Sharpness → Read Me.
At this file we add several important guides for you to set the site or information about useful plugins and tips to make your site better.