There are two ways to install TumblePress theme on your WordPress:
1. Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Menu and open Appearance → Themes section
- Switch to Install Themes tab
- Select Upload
- Browse for .zip file on your computer and install it
- Activate theme
2. Installing via FTP
- Open your FTP Client Application (example: FileZilla)
- Fill the login details (host, username, and password) then press Quickconnect
- Go to ‘wp-content’ folder
- Go to ‘themes’ folder
- Extract the tumblepress.zip file into your local drive then search the current location and upload the tumblepress folder
Got an error during installation process? Try the following:
- If you are upgrading the tumblepress theme via WordPress Admin menu open your ‘tumblepress.zip’ and rename the ‘tumblepress‘ folder before uploading. Eg: tumblepress2. Then press Enter.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress
- Make sure your hosting is running the latest version of PHP and MySQL
- Try to upload manually via FTP (FileZilla)
- Be sure you have at least PHP 4.3 with GD-library installed on your server. PHP 5 is better. GD library is something that can be installed by your web server admin. If you do not have this, please ask for that to your web administrator, and also at least WordPress 3.2.1 engine is installed
Before you can start creating some content, these are the first-time settings that you have to do:
- Go to Dashboard → TumblePress → Theme Options → General Settings
- Please select any page to be placed at about section, this page will describe who or what is your site purpose.
TumblePress will automatically search your Gravatar icon, so you better to sign up first to make your site beautiful
- Presstrends tracking is our feature to know how our customer use our theme. We use this feature for the next upgrade of theme you use. But there will be no personal information we get, so your privacy is safe.
It’s your choice to use it or not
- Go to Dashboard → TumblePress → Theme Options → Social Networking
- Please fill any social network address you have (full address, like this one: http://www.facebook.com/colorlabs)
- You can make social share button enable or disable
- Go to Dashboard → TumblePress → Theme Options → Footer Settings
- You can disable or enable footer credit by check the option ‘activate to add custom credit on footer area’. At text box available you can insert HTML tag like href or anything you want and it will be displayed at the bottom right of your page
- Go to Dashboard → TumblePress → Theme Options → Contact Form
- If you add contact page to your site so you have to fill this form as the address to where that messagge delivered
TumblePress have special post formats that will make your site organized well even without category, they are: image, video, quote, link, and standard (like ussual WordPress post). Here how to set them:
- Go to Dashboard → Pages → Add New
- After finish type the title and content of your post, you can select one from five format available
- You can use post category or left it blank because post format already made your post been organized
Post format image will only display your first image or featured image as thumbnail (real size photo, so if your photo is at large resolution make sure if you select medium view at upload page). You can see how they look like below:
There are two types of page template you can use, they are: contact form and sitemap.
- Go to Dashboard → Page → Add New
- After type the page name (leaf the content blank) please choose your page template
This is the second gallery template which is separated by category, so you can navigate the image by select the category at the top of page.
Footer Menu Navigation
TumblePress support using menu navigation at footer, but TumblePress menu navigation is not support for nested menu.
- Go to Appearance → Menus
- First, make your menu name, then you can add any page(s) or category(ies) to your menu
- You can also add some custom link(s) to your another site
Error Uploading Image(s)
When you’re trying to upload an image using WordPress engine version 3.3 and the screen become gray like this one then nothing happen, don’t be panic. To cleared this problem you can just clear your cache via browser option.