Whether you are new to Cannabis or have been a long-time user/partaker, you still may feel a bit intimidated by the various dispensaries. Depending on your location, the choice can be simple (your local dispensary), or it may cause a slightly anxious mind. Currently, I live in Aspen, Colorado; around me, there are at least ten different dispensaries… that I know of.
It truly can be intimidating. However, there is no need to fear dispensaries and or the Cannabis industry. Every dispensary is equipped (staffed) with knowledgeable professionals known as ‘Budtenders’; you truly are in safe and non-judgmental hands when you arrive. However, there is a dispensary for everyone. The one that I may consider my favorite may not be for everyone, and that is perfectly okay.
Finding the perfect dispensary
So how do you find the perfect dispensary for you? Well, to put it simply, RESEARCH. And what I mean by research is not browsing the internet to see what they sell. Sorry to break it to you, but they are all selling the same thing … WEED. What I mean by research is:
- Look at reviews of the dispensary (google acts as a fantastic tool).
- Browse the photos that others have taken of the location.
- Believe it or not, people can really be attracted to what the interior looks like. It is not just a weed shop; it is a place of happiness and affirmation. You want to enjoy your experience.
- Lastly, walk inside! Your first step through the doors will tell you everything you need to know about the place.
When I arrived here in Aspen, I did my research as I suggested above, and I fell in love with one dispensary. The atmosphere was more than welcoming; it was like walking into a friends’ house to hang out. The staff is knowledgeable and so friendly. I never feel shy to ask questions, and neither should you. The Green Dragon in Aspen has knowledgeable budtenders at this location that know their stuff and are more than happy to explain things to you, making a spot on recommendation. Each location may vary, so check out several few in our neck of the woods before you settle on one.
Remember how I mentioned that your dispensary should be non-judgmental? I meant that. Any question that you have (beginner or expert) is okay to ask 100%. Your budtender will be able to help you on your quest to have the best high. No, really, they want you to have just as great of an experience as you are hoping. So be open and honest about your needs and your concerns. When I first started going into the Green Dragon, I had hundreds of questions trying to find the perfect flower for my needs. They were patient with me and helped me find the perfect strain I was looking for. That help is what’s makes them special, not to mention the large selection.
If you are new to the Cannabis world or just moved to a new city and are looking for the perfect dispensary, take a note of this checklist as you visit different locations on your quest for the ideal dispensary. My next trip is to check out a Detroit dispensary.
Your Dispensary Quest Checklist:
- Find Dispensaries within your geography.
- Look for any reviews of the dispensary. (Google, Facebook, Instagram are great)
- Take a look at pictures that others have taken.
- Compare prices
- Check if inventory is plentiful
- Is the staff friendly and knowledgeable
- Step inside! The atmosphere and the welcome will tell you everything! Don’t be shy!
Now go and find your happy place. Keep searching until you find the one that is right for YOU!
Some additional thoughts:
If you are big into flowers, please make sure that the quality of the weed meets your standards and expectations. I cannot stress enough that the quality of product matters just as much as the quality of service.